The CHAK Annual Health Conference and Annual General Meeting will take place on May 2-4th 2017 at the All Africa Conference of Churches (AACC) Desmond Tutu Guest House & Conference Centre on Waiyaki Way.
The conference whose theme is “Re-engineering Faith Based Health Services Business Model towards sustainable quality healthcare” had been scheduled to take place during the last week of April but was pushed forward due to unavoidable circumstances.
Conference participants will be required to pay registration fees as follows:
a. CHAK members
i. Hospitals – Ksh 5,000 per delegate
ii. Health Centres and Medical Training Colleges – Ksh 3,000 per delegate
iii. Dispensaries, CBHC Programmes and Churches – Ksh 2,000 per delegate
b. Non members – Ksh 15,000 – (inclusive of conference materials, accommodation and meals)
An exhibition will be held throughout the conference. Exhibitors can liaise with CHAK Secretariat to reserve their space. Registration for the conference will close by April 22, 2017.
Conference sessions will focus on issues touching faith based health services. Among the topics slated for discussion are the following:
- Faith based health services business model; shifting from business-as-usual to new strategic business approaches
- Re-defining strategic partnerships
- Brand building and marketing; application in the health sector
- Innovative health sector business models; lessons from the private sector
- Competitive edge through continuous quality improvement
- Harnessing technology in health
- Human capital; re-engineering health workforce performance management
- Lessons from the past, informing new strategic directions; launch of CHAK Strategic Plan 2017-2022
The CHAK Annual Health Conference is open for attendance by delegates from CHAK member health facilities as well as partners and stakeholders and is held annually.
The conference forum creates a rich opportunity for networking, sharing best practices and innovations in health service delivery and systems strengthening in Church health facilities. It also serves as an avenue for dissemination of new health sector policies, clinical guidelines and CHAK strategy documents and performance reports. The conference also facilities engagement with the Ministry of Health on policy, partnership and technical issues.
A Medical Exhibition is hosted throughout the conference. CHAK Annual Health Conference programme is also spiced by moments of Christian fellowship, praise and worship as an added value for spiritual nourishment.
Immediately following the Annual Health Conference, CHAK holds its Annual General Meeting (AGM) to discuss strategy and policy matters and receive secretariat’s programmatic and financial reports.
- Celebrating the successes of faith based organisations in the fight against HIV/AIDS
- Church leaders to strengthen advocacy towards quality health care for all as CHAK hospitals feel the pinch of on-going doctor's strike
- New dates for CHAK AGM&AHC 2017
- Afya Jijini project launched
- CHAK GS receives Christian International Health Championship award