Foundation and Values
CHAK’s foundation is drawn from Revelation: 22:2 which states “… on either side of the river was there the tree of life, which bore twelve kinds of fruit and yielded her fruit every month: And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.”
This reflects the vision of CHAK’s foundation which is to be that river of life passing through the nation and on each side having trees or Member Health Units that produce good fruits and leaves which in turn provide healing to the sick in our nation.
CHAK’s identity and operations are guided by the following values:
- Christian values guided by Biblical teaching on health and healing following the example of Christ.
- Transparency and accountability to members and partners
- Adherence to professional ethics and operating within National Health Sector policies and guidelines
- Promotion of equity
- Gender responsiveness and promotion of human rights
- Embracing creativity and innovation in service delivery
- Fostering partnership with other health sector stakeholders
- Recognition of human resource and investment in their development, motivation and teamwork.