CHAK Executive Committee (EXCO)
Every two years, the AGM elects an Executive Committee (EXCO) which meets quarterly and is responsible for policy formulation, human resource management at the Secretariat, approval of Annual Operational Plan and budgets and providing oversight and monitoring of Secretariat operations.
The EXCO is the executing arm of the AGM with the mandate to monitor programme implementation as well as accountability on behalf of the AGM.
EXCO has nine members comprising of the office bearers of the Association, namely the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer and Vice Treasurer and representatives of CHAK’s four geographical regions.
The EXCO has a standing Finance Commitee which reviews all financial reports and budgets and submits its recommendations to EXCO. It also appoints other advisory committees on adhoc basis to address specific assignments as per terms of reference.
The General Secretary serves as the Secretary to EXCO, AGM and Board of Trustees. The complete list of EXCO members is as follows:
- Rev. Dr Robert Lang’at - Chairman
- Mrs. Mary Muchendu - Vice-Chairman
- Mr William Shimanyula - Treasurer
- Ms Christine Kimotho - Vice-Treasurer
- Mr James Maina - Regional Coordinating Committee (RCC) Chairman, Central/Nairobi/South East/Coast
- Dr Oliver Mamati - RCC Chairman, Western/North Rift
- Mrs Mary Gitari - RCC, Chairman Eastern/North Eastern
- Mr. Samuel Maati - RCC, Chairman Nyanza/South Rift