Regional Coordinating Committees (RCCs)
CHAK members are divided into four regions, namely:
- Eastern/North Eastern region
- Central/ Nairobi/South East & Coast
- Western/North Rift
- Nyanza/South Rift
Each region elects a Regional Coordinating Committee (RCC) led by a chairman during the Annual General Meeting. The RCC chairmen represent their regions in the EXCO, the executing arm of the Annual General Meeting, in which CHAK national officials, namely the chairman, vice-chairman, treasurer and vice treasurer sit. Each RCC has 12 members.
The RCCs coordinate networking and participation in health sector planning at regional level in addition to providing a communication link between the Secretariat and Member Health Units. The RCCs also facilitate identification of advocacy issues and assist the Secretariat in monitoring health service projects in their regions.
RCCs also mobilise members to participate in annual Joint Health Sector Planning at the district level to ensure inclusion of CHAK health facilities in district health plans. They also encourage members to participate in District Stakeholders Forums to ensure proper planning and monitoring. The RCC chairs are currently as follows:
- Mr James Maina - RCC Chairman Central/Nairobi/South East/Coast
- Dr Oliver Mamati - RCC Chairman Western/North Rift
- Mrs Mary Gitari - RCC Chairman Eastern/North Eastern
- Mr. Samuel Maati - RCC Chairman Nyanza/South Rift