CHAK Medical Equipment Programme
CHAK has operated a Medical Equipment Maintenance Programme since 1998. The programme provides technical support in medical equipment planning, facilitates medical equipment sourcing and conducts installations, trouble-shooting, repair and maintenance. These services are provided to Church health facilities at a subsidized fee and can also be accessed by other users at a cost-recovery fee.
The programme has been developed under the name of Health Care Technical Services (HCTS), through the financial and technical support of EED from Germany. It was established to address a need that was identified in an assessment study of the medical equipment in Church hospitals conducted in 1997. A team of highly skilled, motivated and responsive biomedical engineering technologists travel to health facilities around Kenya to provide services whenever called upon.
The services provided include emergency response as well as planned preventive maintenance of a wide range of medical equipment;
- General Medical Equipment maintenance services
- Hospital plants maintenance including – power generators, oxygen generators and refrigeration equipment
- X-Ray equipment installation and maintenance services
- Anaesthetic Equipment installation, calibration and maintenance services
- Medical Equipment procurement services
Click here to view the National Health Care Technical Services brochure.
Services can be requested by contacting the National HCTS Workshop at CHAK Secretariat in Nairobi using the following contacts;
Musa Gitau Road of Waiyaki Way